Rapido GARX Meat Reefers

Michael Gross

So those sons-of-a-gun up north are planning to take more of my hard-earned cash:  https://rapidotrains.com/products/ho-scale/freight-cars/ho-scale-37-general-american-garx-reefer

Michael Gross
Pasadena, CA

Not mine. Introducing a U25B/U28Bph1, but NOT in Rock Island, even though they owned 50+ of them.

Thanks!
Brian Ehni
(Sent from my iPhone)

On Jun 24, 2021, at 4:09 PM, Michael Gross <ActorMichaelGross@...> wrote:

So those sons-of-a-gun up north are planning to take more of my hard-earned cash:  https://rapidotrains.com/products/ho-scale/freight-cars/ho-scale-37-general-american-garx-reefer

Michael Gross
Pasadena, CA

Brian Carlson

These are due soon so hope you pre-ordered.

Brian J. Carlson

On Jun 24, 2021, at 5:09 PM, Michael Gross <ActorMichaelGross@...> wrote:

So those sons-of-a-gun up north are planning to take more of my hard-earned cash:  https://rapidotrains.com/products/ho-scale/freight-cars/ho-scale-37-general-american-garx-reefer

Michael Gross
Pasadena, CA

Gerald Henriksen

On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 16:11:44 -0500, you wrote:

Not mine. Introducing a U25B/U28Bph1, but NOT in Rock Island, even though they owned 50+ of them.
So, just to be clear Rapido are not currently doing a U28Bph1, and
they have also on the first run of U25B units skipped several
railroads that had many more units than the Rock Island.

Spamming multiple groups with your unhappiness isn't fair to Rapido -
no manufacturer can satisfy everyone on the first run of a model that
had many prototype owners.

nyc3001 .

Edited

We should keep in mind that, although this is a welcome prototype, it's not accurate for all of the paint schemes shown.

As far as I've been able to determine, it's accurate for GARX and URTX (some had Duryea underframes, which might make an interesting kitbash). It's not accurate for Swift (interesting that Rapido will have run four SRLX paint schemes for this car once this third run comes out), Armour, Wilson, or Cudahy. Each of these companies used varying designs that were very different from the Rapido model. I have not yet determined if the it's accurate for Kingan.

I will probably buy a couple of plain URTX reefers and an Oscar Mayer reefer but will have to look elsewhere for the other aforementioned companies' reefers. In doing research on Terry Link's canadasouthern website, I found that it was not unusual for fast freight trains like NY4 to carry as many as 10 WCLX, CRLX, ARLX, and SRLX cars.

So, Rapido is to be commended for this significant model, but there are many gaps left to be filled in terms of the meat reefers we need, which is why I'm looking forward to YMW's release of the ARLX 1-2000 reefer.

-Phil