Rapido X31a PRR boxcar - roof question

Charlie Duckworth

I picked up the Rapido PRR X31a this morning and noticed the stirrups were all loose. I glued these with some ACC glue.  One of the top grab irons was missing from the ladder to the roof walk and I assume this was also due to lack of glue. I’ll just make a replacement out of wire.   Nice model

I’m certainly not a PRR expert but would these cars have gotten a black roof cement?
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

nyc3001 .

I have never seen a photo where an X31a had roof cement even past the end date of this group.

-Phil

James E Kubanick