Topics

Reading Company 1954 Freight Shippers' Guide

Bob Chaparro

Reading Company 1954 Freight Shippers' Guide

Courtesy of the Reading Modeler:

http://readingmodeler.info/index.php/articles/1954-freight-shippers-guide

Description: "The Reading Company published its "Freight Shippers Guide" for several years. The Guide included a list of all stations on the Reading, and all customers served at those locations. It also included several interesting pieces of information useful to modelers, such as the facilities available at each station (i.e., cranes, cattle pens, etc.) for the shipment and delivery of freight.

While these guides are becoming somewhat rare, we've scanned and PDF'd a copy of the 1954 version of the Guide, and are making it available online as a series of PDF files for your reference.  We hope you find this information useful in your Reading modeling efforts!"

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Schuyler Larrabee

Thanks!  Made a donation, too.