Topics

Reading Reefer Photo Request

mark_landgraf

I'm looking for a photo of a Reading Reefer class RMg with road numbers 19300-19399. These cars were built in the Reading shops during 1909 and 1910.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks
Mark Landgraf
Albany NY

mark_landgraf at yahoo dot com

Eric Hansmann

Here's an image with one and a half of these reefers.

That's Port Richmond, January 1928.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On June 22, 2020 at 3:37 PM "mark_landgraf via groups.io" <mark_landgraf@...> wrote:

I'm looking for a photo of a Reading Reefer class RMg with road numbers 19300-19399. These cars were built in the Reading shops during 1909 and 1910.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks
Mark Landgraf
Albany NY

mark_landgraf at yahoo dot com

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Eric,

Great image overall, from a time period not so well covered...

Claus Schlund

Here's an image with one and a half of these reefers.

That's Port Richmond, January 1928.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On June 22, 2020 at 3:37 PM "mark_landgraf via groups.io" <mark_landgraf@...> wrote:

I'm looking for a photo of a Reading Reefer class RMg with road numbers 19300-19399. These cars were built in the Reading shops during 1909 and 1910.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks
Mark Landgraf
Albany NY

mark_landgraf at yahoo dot com

Eric Hansmann

I was lucky to find the photos, Claus. Here’s the blogpost where the image first appeared.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Jun 22, 2020, at 5:57 PM, Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) <claus@...> wrote:

Hi Eric,

Great image overall, from a time period not so well covered...

Claus Schlund

Bill Adam

That photo is taken looking west from the Delaware River just south of Allegheny Avenue.  The grain elevator was removed in the 1990's.

Eric Hansmann

The photos I bought document the construction of the grain elevator and grain pier in the 1926-1928 time frame..

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN