Topics

Rio Grande double-sheathed automobile car

Richard Scott

Here's a photo of my most recent freight car project, an O-scale D&RGW
double-sheathed automobile car. I built it from a Rails Unlimited
resin body, painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with
Protocraft decals. The 200 cars in the Rio Grande's 61200-61399
series were built by the Mount Vernon Car Company in 1925. Most
remained in service into the 1960s, with the final car, 61346, going
off the roster in 1969.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's
models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott

O Fenton Wells

Well done, Love the finish on this car.
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

gary laakso

Very well done and it looks like it was operating behind steam! The HO resin kit is rumbling it’s way to availability was the last word a year ago.

Gary Laakso
Northwest of Mike Brock

On Sep 28, 2019, at 4:21 PM, Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Here's a photo of my most recent freight car project, an O-scale D&RGW
double-sheathed automobile car. I built it from a Rails Unlimited
resin body, painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with
Protocraft decals. The 200 cars in the Rio Grande's 61200-61399
series were built by the Mount Vernon Car Company in 1925. Most
remained in service into the 1960s, with the final car, 61346, going
off the roster in 1969.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's
models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott

<D&RGW 61346_2.JPG>

dands54

Nice work Dick

Dan Stainton

Donald B. Valentine

    My feelings echo Fenton's, Dick. Had a wood model of one of these once in O scale when I used
to operate on a friend's O scale pike every Friday night. Eventually gave it to him and later wished I
had kept it to copy in HO scale. Gary, I hope you're right because I'd love ot have one in HO scale.
Did any eastern roads have clones of these cars?

Cordially, Don Valentine

vapeurchapelon

A beautiful model!

Johannes

Gesendet: Sonntag, 29. September 2019 um 01:21 Uhr
Von: "Richard Scott" <rlscott5709@...>
An: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Betreff: [RealSTMFC] Rio Grande double-sheathed automobile car

Here's a photo of my most recent freight car project, an O-scale D&RGW
double-sheathed automobile car. I built it from a Rails Unlimited
resin body, painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with
Protocraft decals. The 200 cars in the Rio Grande's 61200-61399
series were built by the Mount Vernon Car Company in 1925. Most
remained in service into the 1960s, with the final car, 61346, going
off the roster in 1969.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's
models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott

Eric Hansmann

Thanks for sharing your work, Dick. The car looks great. Will you display this at RPM Chicagoland?

I, too, have heard this might be a HO scale resin kit offering. Let's cross our fingers!

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On September 28, 2019 at 5:21 PM Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Here's a photo of my most recent freight car project, an O-scale D&RGW
double-sheathed automobile car. I built it from a Rails Unlimited
resin body, painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with
Protocraft decals. The 200 cars in the Rio Grande's 61200-61399
series were built by the Mount Vernon Car Company in 1925. Most
remained in service into the 1960s, with the final car, 61346, going
off the roster in 1969.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's
models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott

Michael Gross

What a beauty!
--
Michael Gross
Pasadena, CA

Paul Doggett

Dick
That’s a stunning build, paint job and weathering.
Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Daniel A. Mitchell

Another fine effort, Dick! I’m guessing you’ll be bringing it to the RPM meet next month. I’m looking forward to seeing it.

Dan Mitchell
==========

On Sep 28, 2019, at 7:21 PM, Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Here's a photo of my most recent freight car project, an O-scale D&RGW
double-sheathed automobile car. I built it from a Rails Unlimited
resin body, painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with
Protocraft decals. The 200 cars in the Rio Grande's 61200-61399
series were built by the Mount Vernon Car Company in 1925. Most
remained in service into the 1960s, with the final car, 61346, going
off the roster in 1969.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's
models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott

<D&RGW 61346_2.JPG>

BRIAN PAUL EHNI

Stunning job. Westerfield needs to do this car in HO.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni