Rock Island Series 2300-23999 Photos

Nelson Moyer

I checked the online photo archives, and I can’t find a B end view showing the air pipe and hose bracket or a  right side view showing the relief valve rod and air reservoir. According to the information I have that series got URECO hand brakes. Now that Detail Associates is gone, does anyone know of a source for URECO brake housings and wheels?

Nelson Moyer

O Fenton Wells

Check Tangent they just released a bunch of new parts
Fenton

On Jul 18, 2021, at 6:13 PM, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

I checked the online photo archives, and I can’t find a B end view showing the air pipe and hose bracket or a  right side view showing the relief valve rod and air reservoir. According to the information I have that series got URECO hand brakes. Now that Detail Associates is gone, does anyone know of a source for URECO brake housings and wheels?

Nelson Moyer

O Fenton Wells

Yes Tangent has the Klassing brake housing and the brake wheels

On Jul 18, 2021, at 6:47 PM, O Fenton Wells via groups.io <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Check Tangent they just released a bunch of new parts
Fenton

On Jul 18, 2021, at 6:13 PM, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

I checked the online photo archives, and I can’t find a B end view showing the air pipe and hose bracket or a  right side view showing the relief valve rod and air reservoir. According to the information I have that series got URECO hand brakes. Now that Detail Associates is gone, does anyone know of a source for URECO brake housings and wheels?

Nelson Moyer

gary laakso

Thanks, Fenton, they sure did!

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

Check Tangent they just released a bunch of new parts

Fenton

On Jul 18, 2021, at 6:13 PM, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

I checked the online photo archives, and I can’t find a B end view showing the air pipe and hose bracket or a  right side view showing the relief valve rod and air reservoir. According to the information I have that series got URECO hand brakes. Now that Detail Associates is gone, does anyone know of a source for URECO brake housings and wheels?

Nelson Moyer

al_brown03

In RP CYC 21, p 60, there's a B-end photo of RI 23844. It's a little dark underneath, but it may help.

In Maywald's "Classic Freight Cars", vol 7, p 20, there's a right-side photo of RI 23228, which shows the reservoir and I "think" the bleed rod.

Hth,

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

Nelson Moyer

Thanks, Al. I have RP CYC 21, so that helps. The bleed rods are shown in RP CYC 29 for the 24000 series, so I’ll go with that.

Nelson Moyer

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...>
Date: Sunday, July 18, 2021 at 7:26 PM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

Thanks, Al. I have RP CYC 21, so that helps. The bleed rods are shown in RP CYC 29 for the 24000 series, so I’ll go with that.

Nelson Moyer

In RP CYC 21, p 60, there's a B-end photo of RI 23844. It's a little dark underneath, but it may help.

In Maywald's "Classic Freight Cars", vol 7, p 20, there's a right-side photo of RI 23228, which shows the reservoir and I "think" the bleed rod.

Hth,

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

Tim O'Connor

Nope. I don't know of a parts source for the URECO spoked hand brake wheels other
than the old Detail Associates set.

On 7/18/2021 6:47 PM, O Fenton Wells wrote:
Check Tangent they just released a bunch of new parts
Fenton

On Jul 18, 2021, at 6:13 PM, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

I checked the online photo archives, and I can’t find a B end view showing the air pipe and hose bracket or a  right side view showing the relief valve rod and air reservoir. According to the information I have that series got URECO hand brakes. Now that Detail Associates is gone, does anyone know of a source for URECO brake housings and wheels?

Nelson Moyer

Sterling, Massachusetts

Allan Smith

URECO Brake wheel housing

Some time ago I purchased six sets of Detail Assoc. part BW 6403. I have one spare set, if you will contact me of list I will sell you the set.

Smithal9@...

Al Smith
Sonora CA

On Monday, July 19, 2021, 07:46:54 AM PDT, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Nope. I don't know of a parts source for the URECO spoked hand brake wheels other
than the old Detail Associates set.

On 7/18/2021 6:47 PM, O Fenton Wells wrote:
Check Tangent they just released a bunch of new parts
Fenton

On Jul 18, 2021, at 6:13 PM, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

I checked the online photo archives, and I can’t find a B end view showing the air pipe and hose bracket or a  right side view showing the relief valve rod and air reservoir. According to the information I have that series got URECO hand brakes. Now that Detail Associates is gone, does anyone know of a source for URECO brake housings and wheels?

Nelson Moyer

Sterling, Massachusetts

Nelson Moyer

Thanks, but I already purchased a set from another source.

Nelson Moyer