Topics

Running Board Support Sander

Aley, Jeff A

Hi Folks,

               Yesterday I found an interesting tool that the late Denny Anspach had.  As you can see it is labelled “Roofwalk (sic) support angle sander”.  The end view (I added the yellow lines) tells the story – it’s a strip of wood that was beveled on a table saw.  It has sandpaper applied so that it can be used to make running board supports.

               It’s one of those simple things that made me say, “Why did I think of that?”

Enjoy,

-Jeff

james murrie

That seems so typical of Denny to make his own tools!
Jim Murrie

Ken O'Brien

Jeff,

What's the angle?

Ken O'Brien

Aley, Jeff A

Hi Ken,

               It’s hard to get a good measurement on something that small, but I measure 15 degrees (or you could say it’s 180 – 15 = 165 degrees).

               However, if I were going to make a new one, I’d measure a prototype drawing (or a model I’m trying to fit) and use that measurement instead.

Regards,

-Jeff