Topics

Rutland data posted

Dave & Libby Nelson <muskoka@...>

As a favor to Jeff English, I included the Rutland data in some copying I
did this afternoon -- transfered it to my standard excel format for this
kind of data and posted it to the files list here at egroups.

There are 5 worksheets:
- Commodity data as reported to the ICC
- Computed commodity carloadings by movement type
- A paretto list of commodity carloads for originated movements
- A paretto list of commodity carloads for terminated movements
- A paretto list of commodity carloads for bridge movements

There are only two assumptions present in the data:
- I have assumed LCL tonnage per car as 5 tons, which seems to correspond
well enough to AAR data.
- I have assumed tons/per car remains constant w/o regard to movement type
(i.e., same tonnage for bridge movement as inbound).

As I know nothing of the Rutland I can't say if anything in the data is a
surprise. Jeff, what say you?

Enjoy.

-----------------------------------
Dave Nelson

Jeff English

"Dave & Libby Nelson" <muskoka@...> wrote:

As a favor to Jeff English, I included the Rutland data . . .
. . . and posted it to the files list here at egroups.
Thank you.

As I know nothing of the Rutland I can't say if anything in the data is a
surprise. Jeff, what say you?
Um, I'll let you know when I find some time to study it.
Besides the holiday busy times, for the last couple of days my ISP
seems to be unable to maintain a connection longer than what it
takes to exchange about 75KB of data per login, which is rather
odd. In any case, due to this problem I haven't even been able to
download the data yet.

Jeff English Troy, New York
Proto:64 Classic Era Railroad Modeling
englij@...