Topics

Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps: Milwaukee In 1910

Bob Chaparro

Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps: Milwaukee In 1910

I stumbled across this link:

https://liblamp.uwm.edu/sanborn-pdf/Milwaukee1910Volume1.pdf

There are 198 pages IN COLOR with some pages showing railroad lines, facilities and customers. I'm told these maps are generally accurate but may not be accurate as to specific details.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

John Barry

Bob,

The other volumes are there too!  Just change the # at the end of your link from 1 to 2 through 8.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

PO Box 44736
Washington, DC 20026-4736

On Sunday, November 10, 2019, 09:44:43 PM EST, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps: Milwaukee In 1910

I stumbled across this link:

https://liblamp.uwm.edu/sanborn-pdf/Milwaukee1910Volume1.pdf

There are 198 pages IN COLOR with some pages showing railroad lines, facilities and customers. I'm told these maps are generally accurate but may not be accurate as to specific details.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Jake Schaible

Bob,

If you like that, you'll love what the LoC is doing.  They claim to have some 25,000 now, but report they are targeting to put some 500,000 Sanborn maps, high rez digitized / enhanced and posted free online in 2020.

https://www.loc.gov/item/prn-17-074/sanborn-fire-insurance-maps-now-online/2017-05-25/

https://www.loc.gov/collections/sanborn-maps/about-this-collection/