Santa Fe Automobile/Furniture Boxcar 63228 (Fe-P)


Bob Chaparro
 

Santa Fe Automobile/Furniture Boxcar 63228 (Fe-P)

Photo from the San Francisco Public Library.

Taken in 1940 at the Hills Brothers coffee warehouse in San Francisco.

The Class Fe-P cars were built in 1923 by Pullman-Standard. These were door-and-a-half cars.

There were several number series for these cars and due to modifications, those equipped with auto racks were reclassified to Fe-T.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA