From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2022 7:46 AM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io <RealSTMFC@groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] SFRD Rr-39 Side View Photo Needed

The RCW SFRD kits have two style fan housings, and without a good side view photo of a Rr-39, I don’t know which one to use. Also, the  Rr-35 has a single step center sill step, while the Rr-40 appears to have a two-step center sill step. Hopefully, one of you will be willing to send a photo showing  the side and the fan housing and center sill step. A cropped photo is fine as long as it shows the fan housing and center sill step.

Nelson Moyer

Steve SANDIFER

Maybe these will assist.

J. Stephen Sandifer

The RCW SFRD kits have two style fan housings, and without a good side view photo of a Rr-39, I don’t know which one to use. Also, the  Rr-35 has a single step center sill step, while the Rr-40 appears to have a two-step center sill step. Hopefully, one of you will be willing to send a photo showing  the side and the fan housing and center sill step. A cropped photo is fine as long as it shows the fan housing and center sill step.

Nelson Moyer

Nelson Moyer

Thanks, Steve.

Nelson Moyer

The RCW SFRD kits have two style fan housings, and without a good side view photo of a Rr-39, I don’t know which one to use. Also, the  Rr-35 has a single step center sill step, while the Rr-40 appears to have a two-step center sill step. Hopefully, one of you will be willing to send a photo showing  the side and the fan housing and center sill step. A cropped photo is fine as long as it shows the fan housing and center sill step.

Nelson Moyer

Nelson Moyer

Thanks, Charlie. Those two photo answer both parts of the question, and they are very good photos to add to the collection. It’s really helpful to get these two relatively high resolution photos. All my SFRD photos are lower resolution, and it’s hard to see details and read small lettering.

Nelson Moyer

Nelson here is an Rr-35 7029 and Rr-39 8023 hope this answers your questions.

Charlie Slater MSFM2

Sent from Outlook

The RCW SFRD kits have two style fan housings, and without a good side view photo of a Rr-39, I don’t know which one to use. Also, the  Rr-35 has a single step center sill step, while the Rr-40 appears to have a two-step center sill step. Hopefully, one of you will be willing to send a photo showing  the side and the fan housing and center sill step. A cropped photo is fine as long as it shows the fan housing and center sill step.

Nelson Moyer

Tim O'Connor

here's a 1957 overhead view for ya

On 1/16/2022 1:50 PM, Nelson Moyer wrote:

Thanks, Charlie. Those two photo answer both parts of the question, and they are very good photos to add to the collection. It’s really helpful to get these two relatively high resolution photos. All my SFRD photos are lower resolution, and it’s hard to see details and read small lettering.

Nelson Moyer

Sterling, Massachusetts

Nelson Moyer

Thanks, Tim, Overhead views are always appreciated for any freight car.

Nelson Moyer

On 1/16/2022 1:50 PM, Nelson Moyer wrote:

Thanks, Charlie. Those two photo answer both parts of the question, and they are very good photos to add to the collection. It’s really helpful to get these two relatively high resolution photos. All my SFRD photos are lower resolution, and it’s hard to see details and read small lettering.

Nelson Moyer

Sterling, Massachusetts

Bob Chaparro

A few more photos. Notice that Tim O'Connor's photo, taken in 1957, shows the reefer still had the reverse-opening hatch covers. This was eight years after Santa Fe started using mechanical icing equipment on its icing platforms. And the car has swing doors. The Calisphere photo shows conventional hatch covers and a sliding plug door.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

charles slater

You are welcome Nelson
Charlie

Sent from Outlook

[...]

Thank You I will add it to my collection.
Charlie

Sent from Outlook