Showing my lack of knowledge. What is a gondola clip and it's use?

George Courtney

Is it the rings used to move a gondola with a rope or chain?  Do they go on top or the bottom of a gondola's side?

Thanks,
George Courtney

Richard Brennan

At 03:34 PM 4/7/2021, George Courtney via groups.io wrote:
Is it the rings used to move a gondola with a rope or chain? Do they go on top or the bottom of a gondola's side?
Towing staples? ...often fastened to the bolster or side sill?

Ref: Just below the PSC photo at http://blog.resincarworks.com/nyc-50-foot-drop-bottom-gondola

Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA

Bruce Smith

George,

I believe that you are referring to the towing staple or eye. These are easy to make out of brass wire.

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL