Topics

Some images of CCC&StL coal carrying rolling stock during the 1930s

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

Some images of CCC&StL coal carrying rolling stock during the 1930s

CCC&StL 81851 twin hopper 1931

CCC&StL coal gons and hopper 1933

CCC&StL 19080 steel gon coal load 1933

CCC&StL coal gons 1933 (mirror reversed)

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

David

Huh, didn't know there were ever any peaked-end gondolas anywhere in the NYC system.

David Thompson

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi David,

I was wondering that also - not many railroads used peaked ends this early, so this is a bit unusual, not just for the NYC system, but for the date overall.

I can recall that C&O had quad hoppers built with peaked ends in 1929, and I think N&W was doing peaked ends on conventional coal gons and on hoppers by that date. That's all I can think of right off.

Claus Schlund