Some views of Penn Gas Coal Co equipment...

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

Some views of Penn Gas Coal Co equipment...

PGCCo 2807, a PRR class GL hopper clone, reweigh date might be 1915...

Next there is a Penn Gas Coal Co mine. The hopper closest to the camera appears to be a PRR class GLa clone and not a car belonging to the PRR since the numeric (3270 as near as I can tell) end reporting mark style does not match PRR paint and lettering  practice. I do have an image of another PGCCo GLa clone, PGCCo 3310, and so the number 3270 could easily fall into the PGCCo number range. This very well may be a PGCCo car, but I cannot say for sure

According to the article "PENNSY GLa HOPPERS" by Burg (RMJ Feb2002) Penn Gas Coal Co was 'taken over by Westmoreland Coal' in 1918

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Ralph W. Brown

Hi Claus, et al.,

Claus - Thanks for a couple of interesting photos.

I still have at least one PGCCo. cars on my project list, but I’ve to determine what color they were.  I’ve seen photos of model painted both black and something akin to FCC.  Does anyone have evidence to support one or the other or, like many other paint schemes, does it depend on the date?

Thanks.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

Some views of Penn Gas Coal Co equipment...

PGCCo 2807, a PRR class GL hopper clone, reweigh date might be 1915...

Next there is a Penn Gas Coal Co mine. The hopper closest to the camera appears to be a PRR class GLa clone and not a car belonging to the PRR since the numeric (3270 as near as I can tell) end reporting mark style does not match PRR paint and lettering  practice. I do have an image of another PGCCo GLa clone, PGCCo 3310, and so the number 3270 could easily fall into the PGCCo number range. This very well may be a PGCCo car, but I cannot say for sure

According to the article "PENNSY GLa HOPPERS" by Burg (RMJ Feb2002) Penn Gas Coal Co was 'taken over by Westmoreland Coal' in 1918

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Schuyler Larrabee

What is that for?

In the photo, second link below, there is something odd at the lower left.

At first glance I thought “That’s a silly place for a diving board.”  But then I wondered what IS that for?

There’s no track on which cars could be run that the extended plank would reach.

What is that for?

Schuyler

Some views of Penn Gas Coal Co equipment...

PGCCo 2807, a PRR class GL hopper clone, reweigh date might be 1915...

Next there is a Penn Gas Coal Co mine. The hopper closest to the camera appears to be a PRR class GLa clone and not a car belonging to the PRR since the numeric (3270 as near as I can tell) end reporting mark style does not match PRR paint and lettering  practice. I do have an image of another PGCCo GLa clone, PGCCo 3310, and so the number 3270 could easily fall into the PGCCo number range. This very well may be a PGCCo car, but I cannot say for sure

According to the article "PENNSY GLa HOPPERS" by Burg (RMJ Feb2002) Penn Gas Coal Co was 'taken over by Westmoreland Coal' in 1918

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Richard Townsend

It looks like a footbridge across a drainage ditch. There are stairs on both ends.

On Jul 12, 2021, at 9:02 PM, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

What is that for?

In the photo, second link below, there is something odd at the lower left.

<image002.jpg>

[...]

Hi Schuyler and List Members,

It's a primitive bridge so people can walk across the gully or drainage ditch or brook or swampy area that is underneath the plank. Note the stair steps on both ends of the 'extended plank' as you called it

Claus Schlund

Some views of Penn Gas Coal Co equipment...

PGCCo 2807, a PRR class GL hopper clone, reweigh date might be 1915...

Next there is a Penn Gas Coal Co mine. The hopper closest to the camera appears to be a PRR class GLa clone and not a car belonging to the PRR since the numeric (3270 as near as I can tell) end reporting mark style does not match PRR paint and lettering  practice. I do have an image of another PGCCo GLa clone, PGCCo 3310, and so the number 3270 could easily fall into the PGCCo number range. This very well may be a PGCCo car, but I cannot say for sure

According to the article "PENNSY GLa HOPPERS" by Burg (RMJ Feb2002) Penn Gas Coal Co was 'taken over by Westmoreland Coal' in 1918

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Schuyler Larrabee

Well, for the second time today, it appears I can see very well.  You’re correct, of course.

Schuyler

Some views of Penn Gas Coal Co equipment...

PGCCo 2807, a PRR class GL hopper clone, reweigh date might be 1915...

Next there is a Penn Gas Coal Co mine. The hopper closest to the camera appears to be a PRR class GLa clone and not a car belonging to the PRR since the numeric (3270 as near as I can tell) end reporting mark style does not match PRR paint and lettering  practice. I do have an image of another PGCCo GLa clone, PGCCo 3310, and so the number 3270 could easily fall into the PGCCo number range. This very well may be a PGCCo car, but I cannot say for sure

According to the article "PENNSY GLa HOPPERS" by Burg (RMJ Feb2002) Penn Gas Coal Co was 'taken over by Westmoreland Coal' in 1918

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

CJ Riley

It’s at the bottom of the steps and just a way to safely cross that considerable ditch. The span is too long for a simple board, thus the angled reinforcement.