Soo Line #44500-45098 Series Boxca #44500-45098

Bob Chapman

Thanks, Dennis. I knew better re the slanty herald -- just didn't do it. Maybe time for some really heavy weathering on it.

Bob C

Dennis Storzek writes:
The weathering job looks great, very believable. Too bad K4 doesn't include lettering diagrams; the Soo applied the "$" herald with the sides vertical; it was supposed to be a perspective view of a hanging banner, and was originally rendered complete with the string it was hung with. Aside from that, these cars were built in 1949 and '50, and these particular cars never had black backgrounds in the herald, but did have black ends.

Brian Carlson

The ends are wrong too if you are in to fixing. If this was intended as a close enough model then it’s probably ok.

Brian J. Carlson