Topics

Southern Pacific Composite Gons

Brian Stokes

Hi all,

Hoping to get some help from the SP experts on the list: were the herald and lettering sizes standard on SP composite gons in the depression/WWII era? I'm building an O scale SP 46XXX series USRA composite gondola using the IM kit as a starting point but I can't find a decal set specific to these cars. The prototype was relatively rare on the SP as they only had ~250 inherited through the El Paso & Southwestern, but with IM having released the model I was hoping someone did the decals for them.

I'm hoping to use this Protocraft set if the lettering/herald sizes were consistent on SP composite gons...

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!
--
Brian Stokes
https://northpoint48.blogspot.com/

Paul Doggett

Brian

You really need Tony Thompson for this I have done an H0 one photo below this was done of the photo in Tony’s book.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿