Topics

Southern Rwy double door 40' double sheathed box cars

anthony wagner

Folks I've hit a wall. Does anyone want to share photos of Southern's 40' double door double sheathed box cars. In 1949 my ORER shows there were 4647 of them in four number series but I can't find a photo of one anywhere on line or in my files. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tony Wagner

O Fenton Wells

Bob's Photos 606-845-3323 and Arnold Menke waspman@...

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Eric Hansmann

On Mar 6, 2021, at 11:25 AM, anthony wagner <anycw1@...> wrote:

Folks I've hit a wall. Does anyone want to share photos of Southern's 40' double door double sheathed box cars. In 1949 my ORER shows there were 4647 of them in four number series but I can't find a photo of one anywhere on line or in my files. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tony Wagner

Benjamin Hom

Tony Wagner asked:
"Folks I've hit a wall. Does anyone want to share photos of Southern's 40' double door double sheathed box cars. In 1949 my ORER shows there were 4647 of them in four number series but I can't find a photo of one anywhere on line or in my files."

Here's a start:

Additionally, IIRC Essential Freight Cars No. 21 (ARA Double-Sheathed Box and Auto Cars) in the April 2005 issue of Railroad Model Craftsman covered these cars.

Ben Hom

O Fenton Wells

Yes that works thanks Eric
Fenton