Topics

Southern Ry question

Schuyler Larrabee

Does anyone have a Federal Spec (or a Pantone color match) for Southern green?

Schuyler

O Fenton Wells

What are you painting?  Diesel or steam?

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Schuyler Larrabee

Neither.  Labels on the North Shore layout wherein we have some Southern trackage and interchange.  But we’d like to get the color right.

Schuyler

What are you painting?  Diesel or steam?

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 12:08 PM Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Does anyone have a Federal Spec (or a Pantone color match) for Southern green?

Schuyler

--

Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Bill Welch

Modelflex has the correct Southern green in their paint line.

Bill Welch

Schuyler Larrabee

Thanks but we’re trying to specify a paint or ink color for printing labels.  Not interested in buying paint.

Schuyler

Modelflex has the correct Southern green in their paint line.

Bill Welch

O Fenton Wells

I can't help on the Spec or Pantone code.  I just use my eyes.  Steam was dark green and diesels were a bit lighter.
Fenton

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 3:58 PM Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Schuyler,

Based on the late and much missed Floquil Southern Green F110174, here are the computer codes:

HTML: 55734F
CMYK: 68, 36, 76, 20
RGB: 85, 115, 79

I assume you are making labels on a computer. If so these codes should do as well as the Pantone numbers, depending on which color selector you prefer. IIRC, there is probably a Pantone converter somewhere on the web, but I will leave you to find it if this isn't satisfactory.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 4:51 PM Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks but we’re trying to specify a paint or ink color for printing labels.  Not interested in buying paint.

Schuyler

Modelflex has the correct Southern green in their paint line.

Bill Welch

Schuyler Larrabee

Thanks.  Actually I am not the one “doing this” but I think the man in our club who is doing it probably can use this information to “get there.”