SP steel gondola in a PRR maintenance yard in Philadelphia in 1920

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

We get to see an SP steel gondola in a PRR maintenance yard in Philadelphia in 1920

This gon is a long way from home!

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Tony Thompson

Claus Schlund wrote:

We get to see an SP steel gondola in a PRR maintenance yard in Philadelphia in 1920

The SP car number begins with 537, which makes it a Class G-50-3 car, built by Pressed Steel Car in the fall of 1913. It's a drop-bottom car, and no longer has the T-section trucks with which it was delivered. Can anyone read what is on the wood placard board on the car sides?

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor

Tony

So this is a G-50-3, not a G-50-6? I don't recall why I thought this was a G-50-6.

Tim O'Connor

On 4/23/2021 4:26 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Claus Schlund wrote:

We get to see an SP steel gondola in a PRR maintenance yard in Philadelphia in 1920

The SP car number begins with 537, which makes it a Class G-50-3 car, built by Pressed Steel Car in the fall of 1913. It's a drop-bottom car, and no longer has the T-section trucks with which it was delivered. Can anyone read what is on the wood placard board on the car sides?

Tony Thompson

Sterling, Massachusetts