Spokane Portland & Seattle Steel Boxcar 12900

Lester Breuer

I have completed the build of a Spokane, Portland & Seattle Steel (SP&S) box car,  I numbered 12900.  My build was done using the recent James Kinkaid article in the August 2021 RMC on this car series.  I cast resin ends, roof and doors, applied car body details, photo etch ladders with wire ladder rungs, under body details, Archer rivets, etc. And, SP&S lettering and paint.  If you are interested, photos and write up are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.  If would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

Nelson Moyer

That’s a lot of work for a distinctive car. And that’s an interesting ladder jig. I may adopt some aspects of that jig.

Nelson Moyer