Topics

Square brake staffs, was New images on Steamtown site today

Donald B. Valentine

The Erie and C&O at least if not also the NKP and any oother road the Vans controlled did use
square brake rods. Even Atlas caught this and took it into account with there 1932 ARA cars.

Cordially, Don Valentine

Brent Greer

I visited an antique dealer in Orlando this past weekend and happened to spot these so I took some photos for the group. Unfortunately there were no manufacturers markings on them that I could see.

Brent

Richard Townsend

Here's a photo of a USAX flat car's brake wheel and square staff I took at the Nat"l Transportation Museum outside St. Louis.

IMG_1511 (1).JPG

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

-----Original Message-----
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Nov 12, 2019 11:01 am
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Square brake staffs, was New images on Steamtown site today

I visited an antique dealer in Orlando this past weekend and happened to spot these so I took some photos for the group. Unfortunately there were no manufacturers markings on them that I could see.

Brent

WILLIAM PARDIE

Thanks Richard!  When combined with a ree other photos that I have I think I can do a reasonable approximation.   Just wish I didn't have to.

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "Richard Townsend via Groups.Io" <richtownsend@...>
Date: 11/12/19 10:13 AM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Square brake staffs, was New images on Steamtown site today

Here's a photo of a USAX flat car's brake wheel and square staff I took at the Nat"l Transportation Museum outside St. Louis.

IMG_1511 (1).JPG

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

-----Original Message-----
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Nov 12, 2019 11:01 am

Brent