Topics

State of Maine Cars

reporterllc

I know this has been covered in the past (I looked), but in the more recent time period has anyone come with a accurate car either RTR or as a kit, other than brass?

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

James Brewer

Yes, check out the kits page for Yarmouth Models; you will need to scroll down a bit:

http://www.yarmouthmodelworks.com/index.php/ResinModelKits/Index

Jim Brewer

Brian Carlson

Eastern seaboard models will do their XIH in HO too.

Brian J. Carlson

On Sep 5, 2020, at 2:02 PM, reporterllc via groups.io <reporterllc@...> wrote:

I know this has been covered in the past (I looked), but in the more recent time period has anyone come with a accurate car either RTR or as a kit, other than brass?

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Bob Chapman

Victor asks:
I know this has been covered in the past (I looked), but in the more recent time period has anyone come with a accurate car either RTR or as a kit, other than brass?

Here's the Yarmouth car.
Bob Chapman

Todd Horton

Branchline did some 50' cars on the R/W/B BAR scheme, going off memory, these cars were built in 1957.

Todd Horton

On Saturday, September 5, 2020, 02:51:38 PM EDT, Bob Chapman <chapbob4014@...> wrote:

Victor asks:
I know this has been covered in the past (I looked), but in the more recent time period has anyone come with a accurate car either RTR or as a kit, other than brass?

Here's the Yarmouth car.
Bob Chapman

Donald B. Valentine

The BAR r,w & b scheme seems to have been found on some wood sheathed reefers as well.

I wonder if it was not first used on some wood refers but really would like to know if anyone

has the date of when it was first used. I’m suspecting 1948 r 1949 but am far from certain of this.

Cordially, Don Valentine