Topics

Still have one resin kit for sale

Jared Harper

I have a Rutland Car Shops resin kit for a Rutland 36' Rutland stock car.  With some work it can be bashed into a Santa Fe stock car.  Steve Sandifer did it.  My kit is for sale for $25 plus  shipping.

Jared Harper
420 Woodward Way
Athens, GA 30606

Tim O'Connor

I think that is the kit also used for the NEB&W (RPI) fictional railroad, if anyone is so inclined.
The layout was dismantled last year and WAS going to be moved but with RPI in dire financial
straits now, who knows what will happen without a rich benefactor? I know there are some
LOADED model railroad buffs out there... :-D

Tim O'Connor

On 5/4/2020 8:01 PM, Jared Harper wrote:
I have a Rutland Car Shops resin kit for a Rutland 36' Rutland stock car.  With some work it can be bashed into a Santa Fe stock car.  Steve Sandifer did it.  My kit is for sale for $25 plus  shipping.

Jared Harper
420 Woodward Way
Athens, GA 30606

Sterling, Massachusetts

erieblt2

Yikes! I had not heard that the NEB&W was gone! Why? What happened? I bought lots of good stuff from them when they had a hobby shop(early 90’s). The Guides they published are very useful. I agree-someone with deep pockets will hopefully step in. They could sell off sections, buildings, equipment. There is a list of whole or sections of ‘famous’/MR project layouts. We’ve poured a lot of time on the historically accurate layout in the Washington State History Museum(PSMRE). Our hope is that it will be as ‘permanent’ as is possible in the world. Bruce Chubbs ‘Sunset Valley’ is to be -hopefully-saved. Sad to think the hobby may someday be only seen in museums. Bill Smith

On May 5, 2020, at 6:59 AM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

I think that is the kit also used for the NEB&W (RPI) fictional railroad, if anyone is so inclined.
The layout was dismantled last year and WAS going to be moved but with RPI in dire financial
straits now, who knows what will happen without a rich benefactor? I know there are some
LOADED model railroad buffs out there... :-D

Tim O'Connor

On 5/4/2020 8:01 PM, Jared Harper wrote:
I have a Rutland Car Shops resin kit for a Rutland 36' Rutland stock car.  With some work it can be bashed into a Santa Fe stock car.  Steve Sandifer did it.  My kit is for sale for $25 plus  shipping.

Jared Harper
420 Woodward Way
Athens, GA 30606

Sterling, Massachusetts

erieblt2

I’m interested in the car. I live in Bremerton WA, 98312. How do I pay you. Thank you, William Smith (really!)

On May 5, 2020, at 6:59 AM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

I think that is the kit also used for the NEB&W (RPI) fictional railroad, if anyone is so inclined.
The layout was dismantled last year and WAS going to be moved but with RPI in dire financial
straits now, who knows what will happen without a rich benefactor? I know there are some
LOADED model railroad buffs out there... :-D

Tim O'Connor

On 5/4/2020 8:01 PM, Jared Harper wrote:
I have a Rutland Car Shops resin kit for a Rutland 36' Rutland stock car.  With some work it can be bashed into a Santa Fe stock car.  Steve Sandifer did it.  My kit is for sale for $25 plus  shipping.

Jared Harper
420 Woodward Way
Athens, GA 30606

Sterling, Massachusetts

Schuyler Larrabee

Okay, okay, relax, guys.  I got an email (don’t know as I kept it) that the NEB&W had spent the spring semester moving into their new space, evidently larger than the old and NOT in a basement, but in a building in downtown Troy.  The layout will be reassembled and eventually opened to the public as an attraction highlighting the historic aspects of downtown Troy and the surrounding Upstate New York/Vermont area.

I suspect that the NEB&W website probably has the story.  I have not looked.

Schuyler

[...]

Scott Kremer

They have a beautiful space, much larger than before. They just announced that the move is complete. They expect that this move and location will be of great benefit.

Scott Kremer

Jeff Coleman

Things not looking all that good for the new NEB&W.
RPI is renting the new space but since they fired John Nehrich there is no one to lead the way. John isn't allowed in new location or have any contact with the layout.

Jeff Coleman

On Tue, May 5, 2020, 11:29 AM Scott Kremer <skremer@...> wrote:
They have a beautiful space, much larger than before.  They just announced that the move is complete.  They expect that this move and location will be of great benefit.

Scott Kremer

Paul Doggett

As I understand it John Nehrich was very much the driving force behind the layout it’s seems shortsighted to sack him but until we know the circumstances there’s not a lot that can be said.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 5 May 2020, at 18:12, Jeff Coleman <traininsp@...> wrote:

Things not looking all that good for the new NEB&W.
RPI is renting the new space but since they fired John Nehrich there is no one to lead the way. John isn't allowed in new location or have any contact with the layout.

Jeff Coleman

On Tue, May 5, 2020, 11:29 AM Scott Kremer <skremer@...> wrote:
They have a beautiful space, much larger than before.  They just announced that the move is complete.  They expect that this move and location will be of great benefit.

Scott Kremer

Schuyler Larrabee

John was definitely the driving force.  I think somehow he managed to PO someone higher in the school’s management.  “Shortsighted” barely covers the stupidity.

Schuyler

As I understand it John Nehrich was very much the driving force behind the layout it’s seems shortsighted to sack him but until we know the circumstances there’s not a lot that can be said.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 5 May 2020, at 18:12, Jeff Coleman <traininsp@...> wrote:

Things not looking all that good for the new NEB&W.

RPI is renting the new space but since they fired John Nehrich there is no one to lead the way. John isn't allowed in new location or have any contact with the layout.

Jeff Coleman

On Tue, May 5, 2020, 11:29 AM Scott Kremer <skremer@...> wrote:

They have a beautiful space, much larger than before.  They just announced that the move is complete.  They expect that this move and location will be of great benefit.

Scott Kremer

Andy Miller

Its hard to believe they need all that space for “one resin kit” 😉

[...]

Nothing about the whole process has ever seemed to turn out as expected - one sharp turn
after another. Like the space - not what they said it would be, but is now possibly better?
We should not speculate here. I hope John N. will be ok. I used to operate on the layout
and every year it just got better and better - and more fun! The last op session was just
over a year ago, Feb 2019.

Tim O'