Topics

STMFC Messages

Mikebrock

Guys,

Note the primary rule governing STMFC messages:

ALL SUBJECTS OTHER THAN THOSE DIRECTLY ASSOCIATED WITH STEAM ERA FREIGHT CARS ARE PROHIBITED FROM MEMBER MESSAGES. Thus, all admin, security, or "policing" functions will be conducted only by myself or my representatives.

Announcements of steam era frt car related items for sell are permitted BUT actual lists of items should be made available from the seller upon request rather than in the message. Announcements of such sells should be kept at a minimum.

Seller messages MUST include OFF GROUP addresses for replies. Replies by members to seller messages MUST be OFF GROUP.

Selling messages MUST include a statement that replies MUST be OFF GROUP and must include an Email address to which responders can reply to. This address should use the term "AT" instead of the "@" sign to ensure that the address is not edited. The reply must be sent to the email address including the "@" sign and NOT to the STMFC.

Repliers are free to use any reply technique as long as it replies to the message writer's email address and not that of the STMFC.

Mike Brock

STMFC Boss  

Roger Huber

Mike,

Sorry! I'll behave!

Roger Huber
Deer Creek Locomotive Works

On Sunday, August 11, 2019, 11:55:24 PM CDT, Mikebrock <brockm@...> wrote:

Guys,

Note the primary rule governing STMFC messages:

ALL SUBJECTS OTHER THAN THOSE DIRECTLY ASSOCIATED WITH STEAM ERA FREIGHT CARS ARE PROHIBITED FROM MEMBER MESSAGES. Thus, all admin, security, or "policing" functions will be conducted only by myself or my representatives.

Announcements of steam era frt car related items for sell are permitted BUT actual lists of items should be made available from the seller upon request rather than in the message. Announcements of such sells should be kept at a minimum.

Seller messages MUST include OFF GROUP addresses for replies. Replies by members to seller messages MUST be OFF GROUP.

Selling messages MUST include a statement that replies MUST be OFF GROUP and must include an Email address to which responders can reply to. This address should use the term "AT" instead of the "@" sign to ensure that the address is not edited. The reply must be sent to the email address including the "@" sign and NOT to the STMFC.

Repliers are free to use any reply technique as long as it replies to the message writer's email address and not that of the STMFC.

Mike Brock

STMFC Boss