Topics

Sunshine Kits web page

Chuck Cover

Group,

I have tried several times to connect to the Sunshine kits web page but I am directed to a page that says "This Account has been suspended".    I emailed the hosting provider per the page link, but have not heard back yet.

I reference the site often researching kits and prototype information.  Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Lawrence Rast

Chuck,

Yes, I’m receiving the same response. I, too, us the site regularly. I’m curious to hear what response you get.

Best,
Lawrence Rast
Fort Wayne, IN

On Feb 24, 2020, at 3:14 PM, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Group,

I have tried several times to connect to the Sunshine kits web page but I am directed to a page that says "This Account has been suspended".    I emailed the hosting provider per the page link, but have not heard back yet.

I reference the site often researching kits and prototype information.  Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Jesus Pe�a

Unfortunately, I am also have the same experience as you...I am seeing the “ This Account has been suspended...too bad

Jesus Peña 
Concord, California 

On Monday, February 24, 2020, 12:15 PM, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Group,

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

--
Jesus Peña
Concord,California

mopacfirst

Me too, and I was on it late last week.

I bid on a lot of Sunshine kits, so this is my go-to site to see if any particular kit is worth it.

I know the site was developed and run by Jim Hayes, but I don't have anything beyond that.

Ron Merrick

mel perry

has anyone checked the internet archives?
:-)
mel perry

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020, 12:15 PM Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:
Group,

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Douglas Harding

If I recall, Jim’s daughter helped him put the site together, Jim was not the techie behind the website. If it is not available it is mostly likely because the domain host has not been paid or renewed. Jim may not be aware. Give him some time to be notified and rectify the problem.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of mel perry
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 3:03 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Sunshine Kits web page

mel perry

Group,

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Eric Hansmann

The Sunshine Kits website is gone at this time. Jim did not renew the website contract.

I’ve been working with Jim to move things to the Resin Car Works site and add more. But there have been delays. I saved the source HTML for each page and have all the PDF files. We will post an announcement on the RCW blog when it’s ready to use again.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Douglas Harding
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 3:28 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io

If I recall, Jim’s daughter helped him put the site together, Jim was not the techie behind the website. If it is not available it is mostly likely because the domain host has not been paid or renewed. Jim may not be aware. Give him some time to be notified and rectify the problem.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of mel perry

mel perry

Group,

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

BRIAN PAUL EHNI

Great news, Eric. 

Thanks!
Brian Ehni 
(Sent from my iPhone)

On Feb 24, 2020, at 4:40 PM, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

The Sunshine Kits website is gone at this time. Jim did not renew the website contract.

I’ve been working with Jim to move things to the Resin Car Works site and add more. But there have been delays. I saved the source HTML for each page and have all the PDF files. We will post an announcement on the RCW blog when it’s ready to use again.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Douglas Harding
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 3:28 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

mel perry

Group,

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Tony Thompson

Eric Hansmann wrote:

Thanks for taking this on, Eric. The Sunshine information is very valuable.

Tony Thompson

Chuck Cover

Eric,

Thanks for pursuing this.  I know many of us use this web site frequently as a reference and not having it would leave a big void. 

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Bill Keene

Eric,

Thank You. 
This is one less worry in my modeling life. 

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Feb 24, 2020, at 2:40 PM, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Douglas Harding
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 3:28 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Sunshine Kits web page

Doug  Harding

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of mel perry
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 3:03 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Sunshine Kits web page

mel perry

Group,

I reference the site often researching kits and prototype information.  Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM 

gtws00

That is great news Eric. I am sure this is a somewhat tedious project but one that will be greatly appreciated
George Toman

….and definitely thank you to Jim Hayes for the effort to put this up and keep it going this long!!!  I cant tell you how many times I've gone there.

Regards,

Mike Aufderheide

Tim O'Connor

I think the page belonged to Jim Hayes. I have not heard from him in a while.

On 2/24/2020 3:17 PM, Lawrence Rast wrote:
Chuck,

Yes, I’m receiving the same response. I, too, us the site regularly. I’m curious to hear what response you get.

Best,
Lawrence Rast
Fort Wayne, IN

On Feb 24, 2020, at 3:14 PM, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Group,

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Ryan Laroche

https://web.archive.org/web/20160324162818/http://sunshinekits.com/index.html

The wayback machine is an excellent resource for situations such as this... 

Ryan Laroche 
Red Deer County, AB

Eric Hansmann

The Sunshine Kits website has been renewed for another month.

I'm working with Jim to transfer the domain to Resin Car Works ownership. I'll share more details as this develops.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On February 25, 2020 at 5:20 AM Ryan Laroche <laroche1987@...> wrote:

Ryan Laroche 
Red Deer County, AB

gtws00

Thanks to both Jim Hayes for creating the Sunshine Kits Website and Eric Hansmann for working with Jim to rescue and move it. 
George Toman
Willow Springs, IL

BRIAN PAUL EHNI

Thanks to both of you!

Thanks!
Brian Ehni 
(Sent from my iPhone)

On Feb 26, 2020, at 6:35 AM, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

The Sunshine Kits website has been renewed for another month.

I'm working with Jim to transfer the domain to Resin Car Works ownership. I'll share more details as this develops.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On February 25, 2020 at 5:20 AM Ryan Laroche <laroche1987@...> wrote:

Ryan Laroche 
Red Deer County, AB