Topics

Sunshine vinegar car

Clark Propst

My good friend Bob is an old curmudgeon that doesn’t partake of any social media including i o lists. So, he was not aware aware of that fact that this kit is at the pinnacle

of tough builds. He, I and a few others would get together two-three times a week to operate and BS over coffee. I haven’t seen any of them in months, just a few emails. So I didn’t know about this build till he was almost done. Good thing. I would have done my best to talk him into selling the kit...Now he has a real prize!

For my own curiosity, anyone have an idea of what this would go for on eBay, or outright sale? I'd like to hold that carrot in front of him...LOL!

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Scott Kremer

Someone else can verify but I beleive Ted Culotta's went for about $500.  It seems a lot, and it is, but I know some who have done this car and it can be 100 hours of work.  That makes the price less than minimum wage. : > )

On Jan 4, 2021, at 10:48 AM, Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

My good friend Bob is an old curmudgeon that doesn’t partake of any social media including i o lists. So, he was not aware aware of that fact that this kit is at the pinnacle

of tough builds. He, I and a few others would get together two-three times a week to operate and BS over coffee. I haven’t seen any of them in months, just a few emails. So I didn’t know about this build till he was almost done. Good thing. I would have done my best to talk him into selling the kit...Now he has a real prize!

For my own curiosity, anyone have an idea of what this would go for on eBay, or outright sale? I'd like to hold that carrot in front of him...LOL!

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

<SBIX 1682 1.jpg><SBIX 1682 2.jpg><SBIX 1682 3.jpg>

Lester Breuer

Clark  One great build by Your friend.  I built one and have it on my blog

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/search/label/tank%20car

I would not sell sell it for less then $200 plus.

Lester Breuer

Stephen Gardiner

I built one of the kit years ago as we have a similar vinegar tank in the Toronto Railway Museum collection.

The kit was a beast to build, but it eventually became a model I am proud of, and your friends build looks equally impressive and I hope they are proud of their build! As said, it is most definitely not an easy kit to complete.

A couple of pictures of mine:
https://flic.kr/p/r7G5jS
https://flic.kr/p/qdbPRF

Cheers,

Stephen Gardiner
Toronto, ON

Paul Doggett

Stephen

You have built a very nice model of an unusual car.

Paul Doggett.  England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿