Topics

Swift Reefers

Steve and Barb Hile

As I plunge further into the maelstrom that is the Swift reefer fleet, I wonder if anyone has copies of the Swift pages from an ORER in the early 1920's, say 21-24, and from on in the late 1920's, preferably 1929 that they are willing to share.  I have copies for 25, 26 with quantities and 30 where the quantities go "dark."  The quantities don't reappear until around 1943.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Hile

Dave Parker

Hi Steve:

I have what you have, but the Swift pages from the 1920s are on my to-do list for my next visit to the CSRM.  Or maybe somebody beats me to it.

I also need some select pages from 1920s-30s Rules of Interchange.  I have not yet inquired, but I am wondering if CSRM staff would be willing to scan or photocopy select pages from a document (with a clearly spelled out request)?  I did get a complete employee timetable from them, but haven't yet asked for a targeted copy job.

And, yes, they do have every ORER ever published (AFAIK).

With best regards,

--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

O Fenton Wells

You might look at Westfields CD's of ORER's
Fenton

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 1:01 PM Steve and Barb Hile <shile@...> wrote:
As I plunge further into the maelstrom that is the Swift reefer fleet, I wonder if anyone has copies of the Swift pages from an ORER in the early 1920's, say 21-24, and from on in the late 1920's, preferably 1929 that they are willing to share.  I have copies for 25, 26 with quantities and 30 where the quantities go "dark."  The quantities don't reappear until around 1943.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Hile

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Tony Thompson

No, CSRM only has ORERs from about 1897 onward (it began in 1885 IIRC), and are missing occasional issues to about 1970, then spotty. But for this list, a superb collection.
Tony Thompson