Topics

SWITFT reefer in billboard lettering

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

Not the best image in the world, certainly lacking in focus, but this looks to be a SWITFT reefer in billboard lettering...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

mel perry

hi:
this link leads to the entire collection
could you be a little more specific?
thanks
mel perry

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019, 1:06 PM Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) <claus@...> wrote:
Hi List Members,

Not the best image in the world, certainly lacking in focus, but this looks to be a SWITFT reefer in billboard lettering...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Richard Townsend

Note there are only two hinges on each side of the door.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Not the best image in the world, certainly lacking in focus, but this looks to be a SWITFT reefer in billboard lettering...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Douglas Harding

Yes that is an Swift reefer, wearing a pre 1934 paint scheme. Similar to those seen in this photo http://industrialscenery.blogspot.com/2016/03/swift-company.html

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Not the best image in the world, certainly lacking in focus, but this looks to be a SWITFT reefer in billboard lettering...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Douglas Harding

Two hinges per door was more common than thought, especially on earlier reefers.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Note there are only two hinges on each side of the door.

Richard Townsend

Lincoln City, OR

Not the best image in the world, certainly lacking in focus, but this looks to be a SWITFT reefer in billboard lettering...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Bob Chaparro

I checked my collection of prototype Swift reefer photos and found nine steel-sheathed cars, all in the 15XXX series, that had only two hinges per door.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA