Topics

Tennessee Central Hopper - Bill Welch

Ken Soroos

In some of my last correspondence with Bill Welch, he sent a very nice photo of a Tennessee Central open hopper (twin) with the admonition that he did not have permission to have it used in any general shared form. I’d like to try to run down Bill’s source for this photo to possibly gain permission so it can be shared with the group as part of the project he was working on. The photo is of car number 9001 built in 1926. It has a reweigh date of 10-38 and it’s file name is “EldonNeff-TennCentral-hopper-9001-01-Springfield-OH.jpg.” If any of you can help me with this, please contact me off list (kensoroos”at”charter”dot”net). If not, does anyone have a good photo of a TC hopper from this series that you’d be willing to share with me and the group. Thanks!

Ken Soroos