Texas and New Orleans B50-15 boxcar

Paul Doggett

Hi

Has anyone one got a decent photo of a T&NO B50-15 boxcar please.

Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

One of these may be close to the B-50-15. I can't quite make out the designations, and am not that familiar with T&NO car classes.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

On 11/15/21, 9:24 AM, "Paul Doggett via groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io on behalf of paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi

Has anyone one got a decent photo of a T&NO B50-15 boxcar please.

Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Paul Doggett

Brian

Thank you two very useful photos among those it the doors that are different to normal SP cars
Regards
Paul Doggett

On 15 Nov 2021, at 15:44, BRIAN PAUL EHNI <bpehni@gmail.com> wrote:

One of these may be close to the B-50-15. I can't quite make out the designations, and am not that familiar with T&NO car classes.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

On 11/15/21, 9:24 AM, "Paul Doggett via groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io on behalf of paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi

Has anyone one got a decent photo of a T&NO B50-15 boxcar please.

Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Attachments:
T&NO 52710.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/0
T&NO 52710.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/1
T&NO 53165.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/2
T&NO 53165.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/3
T&NO 53912.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/4
T&NO 53912.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/5

My pleasure.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

On 11/15/21, 10:16 AM, "Paul Doggett via groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io on behalf of paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Brian

Thank you two very useful photos among those it the doors that are different to normal SP cars
Regards
Paul Doggett

On 15 Nov 2021, at 15:44, BRIAN PAUL EHNI <bpehni@gmail.com> wrote:

> One of these may be close to the B-50-15. I can't quite make out the designations, and am not that familiar with T&NO car classes.
>

> Thanks!
> --
>
> Brian Ehni
>

> On 11/15/21, 9:24 AM, "Paul Doggett via groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io on behalf of paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Has anyone one got a decent photo of a T&NO B50-15 boxcar please.
>
> Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
>

> Attachments:
> T&NO 52710.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/0
> T&NO 52710.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/1
> T&NO 53165.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/2
> T&NO 53165.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/3
> T&NO 53912.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/4
> T&NO 53912.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/5

Tim O'Connor

T&NO series 53060-53559 were B-50-15's built in 1925
T&NO series 53560-54059 were B-50-16's built in 1927 and 1928

On 11/15/2021 10:34 AM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI wrote:
One of these may be close to the B-50-15. I can't quite make out the designations, and am not that familiar with T&NO car classes.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

    Has anyone one got a decent photo of a T&NO B50-15 boxcar please.

    Paul Doggett.

Attachments:

T&NO 52710.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/1
T&NO 53165.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/3
T&NO 53912.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/5

Sterling, Massachusetts

Does anyone know if Rapido’s car will have the lumber door in the “A” end, as shown in the photo of T&NO 53165?

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Date: Monday, November 15, 2021 at 10:28 AM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Texas and New Orleans B50-15 boxcar

T&NO series 53060-53559 were B-50-15's built in 1925
T&NO series 53560-54059 were B-50-16's built in 1927 and 1928

On 11/15/2021 10:34 AM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI wrote:

One of these may be close to the B-50-15. I can't quite make out the designations, and am not that familiar with T&NO car classes.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

    Has anyone one got a decent photo of a T&NO B50-15 boxcar please.

    Paul Doggett.

Attachments:

T&NO 52710.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/1
T&NO 53165.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/3
T&NO 53912.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/5

Sterling, Massachusetts

erick johnson

Maybe Rapido knows!

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Date: Monday, November 15, 2021 at 10:28 AM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

T&NO series 53060-53559 were B-50-15's built in 1925
T&NO series 53560-54059 were B-50-16's built in 1927 and 1928

On 11/15/2021 10:34 AM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI wrote:

One of these may be close to the B-50-15. I can't quite make out the designations, and am not that familiar with T&NO car classes.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

    Has anyone one got a decent photo of a T&NO B50-15 boxcar please.

    Paul Doggett.

Attachments:

T&NO 52710.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/1
T&NO 53165.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/3
T&NO 53912.jpg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188432/5

Sterling, Massachusetts

Keith Retterer

Hey Paul,  I have attached 3 images of the SSCC builder's photos of SP 15229, showing an SP class B-50-15 boxcar, built in 1925. It is sub lettered "Central Pacific".  Could this be the same boxcar as the T&NO you are modeling?  Would these be any help to you?
Keith R.

Paul Doggett

Hi Keith

Thank you for the photos the T&NO cars had a different door latch which was on the right of the door instead of the left. .

Many thanks
Paul Doggett.    England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 21 Nov 2021, at 02:38, Keith Retterer <rettererk56@...> wrote:

Hey Paul,  I have attached 3 images of the SSCC builder's photos of SP 15229, showing an SP class B-50-15 boxcar, built in 1925. It is sub lettered "Central Pacific".  Could this be the same boxcar as the T&NO you are modeling?  Would these be any help to you?
Keith R.

Attachments:

Keith Retterer

Also,  I have attached a scan of the data typed on the back side of the photos.  I hope you can do something with this.
Keith R.

Keith Retterer

More attachments for you, Paul.  Here is a T&NO B-50-13 builder's photo. I attach this because of the door hardware that you mentioned was on the right side of the door.  Sure enough, here it is.  The data on the reverse indicates this has Allen Door Fixtures.  You can see the differences here between the two boxcars with Camel fixtures and Allen fixtures.
Keith R.

Paul Doggett

Keith

Thank you very for all your trouble they a very useful photos.
Paul Doggett.

On 21 Nov 2021, at 03:33, Keith Retterer <rettererk56@...> wrote:

More attachments for you, Paul.  Here is a T&NO B-50-13 builder's photo. I attach this because of the door hardware that you mentioned was on the right side of the door.  Sure enough, here it is.  The data on the reverse indicates this has Allen Door Fixtures.  You can see the differences here between the two boxcars with Camel fixtures and Allen fixtures.
Keith R.

Attachments:

Bob Chaparro

Note that the car number is stenciled on the underframe.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Paul Doggett

Hi Bob