Topics

The Freight Goes Through

william darnaby

The recent discussions of painting and weathering reminded me of this video.  Lots of freight cars but it is unusual in the number of overhead shots.  Makes me think I don’t have enough galvanized roofs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY3e0oTBGeU

Bill Darnaby

Robert kirkham

Great video!  That will be worth study.  I’m immediately struck by the number of dark brown cars.

Rob

On Nov 26, 2020, at 6:16 AM, william darnaby <wdarnaby@...> wrote:

The recent discussions of painting and weathering reminded me of this video.  Lots of freight cars but it is unusual in the number of overhead shots.  Makes me think I don’t have enough galvanized roofs.

Bill Darnaby

O Fenton Wells

Good video, thanks for sharing
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Bill,

Thanks for the video link, starting at 17 37 a GN plywood car rolls by in the orange scheme.

Jumped out at me. Lots of other standout cars right in my time period.

As rob says, worth study.

Dan Smith

Bob Chaparro

Take a look at what happens to a boxcar's roof during a switching impact. The scene is at 10:02 in the film.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Robert kirkham

I just wish it had higher definition.  Wondering if the original was copied to a digital file at higher quality than is on the Youtube site.

Rob