Topics

The other Pgh produce yard photo

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Gang;

I knew I had pulled this somewhere.  John Vachon photo; June 1941;  either the same PRR FM container flat or one similar.  Another angle showing great mix of reefers, and some box cars to right on the closest tracks next to leads to 11th St.  So, whose box cars?

https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2017812378/

Elden Gatwood

Bob Webber

N&W, PRR, ACL.

At 11:50 AM 3/31/2020, Gatwood, Elden J SAD wrote:
Gang;

I knew I had pulled this somewhere.  John Vachon photo; June 1941;  either the same PRR FM container flat or one similar.  Another angle showing great mix of reefers, and some box cars to right on the closest tracks next to leads to 11th St.  So, whose box cars?

https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2017812378/

Elden Gatwood

Bob Webber

Bruce Smith

Gang,

Note that this photo shows that the car I previously identified as a PRR X31B is, in reality, the very similar N&W B2 boxcar.

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

I knew I had pulled this somewhere.  John Vachon photo; June 1941;  either the same PRR FM container flat or one similar.  Another angle showing great mix of reefers, and some box cars to right on the closest tracks next to leads to 11th St.  So, whose box cars?

https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2017812378/

Elden Gatwood

Tony Thompson

     Excellent photo, but the Ann Rosener one that Ted Culotta used on the cover of his Volume 3 of his Reference Manual series (refrigerator cars) is far better for seeing the freight cars. Her photo is also Library of Congress.

Tony Thompson