Topics

TICHEY GLAT AND PROTOTYPE PHOTO

WILLIAM PARDIE

On Nov 13, 2019, at 9:14 AM, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

Bill,

Check this link for the June 1993 RMJ. Some of the magazines on the original Trainlife site can be accessed.
http://original.trainlife.com/magazines/pages/148/10699/june-1993-page-5

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

-----Original Message-----
From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Lugg
Sent: Monday, November 4, 2019 11:18 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Looking for car colors and road numbers

Since I was stuck in moderator limbo for several days, I discovered a previous thread on these cars and specifically a message from Eric Hansmann compiling some very helpful prototype info from the June 1993 Rail Model Journal article about the flat cars (unfortunately, the link http://magazine.trainlife.com/rmj_1993_6/ seems to result in a database access error now).  So I'm abandoning the plan stated below and selecting some from the list in the aforementioned message.

I do have a couple of questions though.  Several list "Mineral Red paint" would a close match be box car red or is a different color of red called for?  Are there any photos of the SP&S, T&P, DL&W, Cotton Belt and CP cars to use for lettering guides? Is there a chance anyone out there happens to have a copy of the linked article I could get a scan of for reference?  It would really help in building these and I've been unsuccessful in finding any from other sources.

Thanks for the help.
Bill Lugg

On 11/1/19 9:30 PM, William Lugg wrote:
I'm working on a six pack of HO scale Tichy 50 ton, 40 foot flat cars
and have decided to letter them for six different roads.  I model the
UP in the 1950-1953 time frame so I'm thinking of using UP, SP, WP,
D&RGW, AT&SF and C&NW as my road choices. My question is are there
online resources that will tell me what color to pain the car and what
number series would be valid for each road in this time frame?  I've
done some searching on Google, but have come up dry so far.  Photos
would be even better if they're out there.

Thanks
Bill Lugg