Topics

Tichy USRA boxcar underframes

Dave Parker

Bruce:

That's interesting.  Is the UF the same as in some other Tichy model, thus representing some economy in tooling?

The good news is that I can't see any flaws looking at the side-sills.  If I have to crawl under the car to see the error, I can probably live with it.  It's why I stopped installing train-lines.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

steve_wintner

Bruce, elaborate  please. I assume this the USRA single sheathed car?

Ted Culotta

Hi Bruce,

Please educate me because I don't see the uproar. Yes, the crossmember should all face one end on one side and the other end on the other side, but the guts are there - two crossbearers and five sets of crossties. One nit (that I noticed beforehand, thankfully) is that the train pipe should pass through the crossties.

Cheers,
Ted Culotta

Benjamin Hom

Bruce Smith asked:
"Shouldn't a USRA undergrad have a deep fishbelly center sill? The Tichy is straight."

Yes for the DS car, but the SS cars have straight center sills.  They are not the same.

Ben Hom

Bruce Smith

Ben,

Oops, Got it! I'll be deleting my original comment now 😉

Bruce

"Shouldn't a USRA undergrad have a deep fishbelly center sill? The Tichy is straight."

Yes for the DS car, but the SS cars have straight center sills.  They are not the same.

Ben Hom

Brian Carlson

Have you been sampling beverages again 🤣

Brian J. Carlson