From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Welch
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 1:37 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] To quote Robert Duvall from "Apocalypse Now," . . .

. . . "I love the smell of Microscale's Micro Sole and Micro Set in the morning." For example here is my kit-bashed Missouri-Kansas-Texas Company Shops 1943-built War Emergency boxcar. It was primed with Badger;s Stynylrez Neutral Yellow Primer and then painted with Badger's M-K-T Yellow. Decals are from Speedwitch Media. I am very happy with the way this has turned out. I am especially digging the klassic klassy "Klasing" handbrake gear and brake wheel.

Bill Welch

O Fenton Wells

Fantazmagorical Mr. Welch, Just say'in
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Scott

Do you put the chain and rod from the hand brake on after you paint it so the chain doesn't get clogged up with paint?  How do you glue back there?

Scott McDonald

vapeurchapelon

Again, nothing short of stunning! What a beautiful car.

Johannes

Gesendet: Sonntag, 22. März 2020 um 18:37 Uhr
Von: "Bill Welch" <fgexbill@...>
An: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
. . . "I love the smell of Microscale's Micro Sole and Micro Set in the morning." For example here is my kit-bashed Missouri-Kansas-Texas Company Shops 1943-built War Emergency boxcar. It was primed with Badger;s Stynylrez Neutral Yellow Primer and then painted with Badger's M-K-T Yellow. Decals are from Speedwitch Media. I am very happy with the way this has turned out. I am especially digging the klassic klassy "Klasing" handbrake gear and brake wheel.

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

Not really, i wanted to leave the blackened chain unpainted so i mask it and painted the brake rod and the homemade eye bolt on each end. The eye bolt will fit into a hole already drilled in the brake gear housing while the brake rod will slip into the clevis on the bottom of the end.

Bill Welch