From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Betz
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2020 10:21 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Train-Master vs. Train-Miniature

  ... so we have degenerated into paying attention to the history of who made
what models and when - instead of what models best represent what
prototype and how to improve them to make them more accurate or make
them operate better ... and this is important?
                                                                                                 - Jim

Schuyler Larrabee

“Champion was never in SoCal: Champion was never in SoCal”

I am not sure that is entirely true.  It’s my understanding (though I have no documentation) that Champion was begun by Max Gray, who was interested in providing accurate decals for the models he imported.  At some point, Richard Meyer bought that part of Max’s business and set it up as a separate company.  MG was in Southern California, and I believe that Mr. Meyer was also at the time he bought the decal business, and then he later moved to Minot, ND.

I said no documentation, but Google presents this:

Which leads you to this:

http://www.minot.com/champ/#:~:text=This%20hobby%20is%20truly%20a,you%20all%20the%20very%20best.

That doesn’t prove that Champ was originally in SoCal, but that’s been my impression for quite some time.

Schuyler