Topics

Uncoupling Lever Brackets

Lester Breuer

I have added a new post on uncoupling brake lever brackets that shows how I make my own brake lever brackets by bending them from wire or fabricating them from Evergreen styrene.  In addition, it provides prototype information and information on commercial brake lever brackets.  If you are interested in viewing photos and writeup of various installed brake lever brackets and brake levers, you can on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.   If you would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

Chuck Cover

Thanks Lester, great post.

I have found another source for eye bolts.  Since the DA eye bolts have gotten hard to find, I have been using the ones from Barker’s Trains.  These can be found on EBay.

Barker's Trains HO Eye Bolts (16) BT-101

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Nelson Moyer

Why not try YMW etched eyebolts? They come in several sizes and you can choose one that’s closer to scale for whatever application you need. I abandoned oversize wire eyebolts immediately after the etched ones became available.

Nelson Moyer

I have found another source for eye bolts.  Since the DA eye bolts have gotten hard to find, I have been using the ones from Barker’s Trains.  These can be found on EBay.

Barker's Trains HO Eye Bolts (16) BT-101

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

gtws00

Nicely Done Lester
Thanks for posting
George Toman

Kenneth Montero

Barker's Trains, an Ebay seller, makes other parts - and also is a retailer for a variety of other manufacturers' parts, some of whom are no longer in business.

Barker also makes a variety of uncoupling lift bars, but I only could find them when I went to the eye bolt link that Chuck provided (some of the other parts shown above the eyebolt part listing) or go to the "advanced" link on Ebay.com and insert "Barker's Trains".

To get to its main listing for other manufacturers, go to https://www.ebay.com/str/barkerstrains .

Ken Montero

On 10/17/2020 8:08 AM Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Thanks Lester, great post.

I have found another source for eye bolts.  Since the DA eye bolts have gotten hard to find, I have been using the ones from Barker’s Trains.  These can be found on EBay.

Barker's Trains HO Eye Bolts (16) BT-101

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

O Fenton Wells

Cal Scale also maked eye bolts but they are steel and stick to my tweezers.  But inexpensive and I use them where I can.

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd