Topics

Under frame on F&C CV & GTW steel frame cars

Robert kirkham

I’m completing two ancient kits - the F&C raised roof CV boxcar and the GTW/CV end door car. I notice in both cases there are no parts in the kit nor instructions about the body bolsters. The floor/underframe resin casting shows these as just rectangular lumps. I wonder if my kits are just missing parts? Can someone check their model?

I’m happy to make substitute pieces with sheet styrene etc., but need an idea a what I am trying to model. My prototype photo resources don’t peer under the cars with enough definition to help fill in this information. Do any of you have information about the prototype? Alternatively in a pinch I’m happy to work from someone else’s completed kit, - a snap shot would be a great help.

Rob Kirkham

Kenneth Montero

Bob,

What are the kit numbers?

If either of the kits is kit no. 6650 or 6651, I have the kits, in kit form.
Let me know if that is the kit that you are seeking, so that I can open it to get the instructions and look for body bolsters.

Ken Montero

On 08/23/2020 5:05 PM Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

I’m completing two ancient kits - the F&C raised roof CV boxcar and the GTW/CV end door car. I notice in both cases there are no parts in the kit nor instructions about the body bolsters. The floor/underframe resin casting shows these as just rectangular lumps. I wonder if my kits are just missing parts? Can someone check their model?

I’m happy to make substitute pieces with sheet styrene etc., but need an idea a what I am trying to model. My prototype photo resources don’t peer under the cars with enough definition to help fill in this information. Do any of you have information about the prototype? Alternatively in a pinch I’m happy to work from someone else’s completed kit, - a snap shot would be a great help.

Rob Kirkham

Robert kirkham

Thanks Ken. The kits are 6485 CV && GTW extended rebuilt single door boxcar, and 6481 GTW single wood door autocrat 583200
Rob