Topics

Unit truck-is this another name for a common truck?

Andy Carlson

A friend sent me this copy of an add for a 1948 freight car truck.

Inline image

Can anyone help me out for a good friend? I suspect that it is a common truck with a licensed builder. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Bob Chaparro

A repost of a Chuck Zeiler photo:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chuckzeiler/26329487085/in/album-72157650922113005/

CB&Q Class XM-32A 37000

Caption: "Chicago Burlington & Quincy Railroad Class XM-32A 37000, photographer, date, and location unknown, scan by Chuck Zeiler. This is a photo of a page in a trade publication, I believe Railway Age. Apparently, a CB&Q boxcar was painted green well before the BN merger. This car was built at CB&Q's Havelock, Nebraska shops in July 1948."

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA