From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of ed_mines via groups.io <ed_mines@...>
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 7:38 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] unusual models for sale on ebay

looks like someone had a pencil sharpener

Jake Schaible

could be worse....

Tony Thompson

Bruce Smith wrote:

That's just one of the challenging aspects of this kit. I'd love to see a high quality helium car (pre- or WWII era) in resin and I've thought about building a set (they usually travelled in pairs)  . . .

I think the drawbar-connected pairs were made well after World War II, in fact maybe after 1960. Someone on the list probably knows for sure.

Tony Thompson

Jerry Michels

First wooden Ambroid kit of this model I have seen assembled! Jerry Michels

Bill Parks

I've seen one or to of the helium cars in completed state, and when done properly, they are a great looking car - not sure I would want to take on that challenge though.

As far as the NYC/Conrail hopper, I'm speechless, and would be interested to hear the opinions of some NYC experts.

--
Bill Parks
Cumming, GA

Daniel A. Mitchell

Here’s the Ambroid USN Helium tank car, done as per instructions, little or nothing extra done to it.  I got the model assembled, at a flea market. Overall, a pretty decent effort. Mostly it just need a ton of Archer rivets ... the prototype’s whole frame was riveted together, quite prominently. The tapered tank ends don’t quite line up, but they don’t look too bad either. And NO, I’m not going to take it apart to correct this minor issue!

Interestingly, a number of these cars survive at the SpaceX launch complex in Florida, off their trucks, and used as staionary helium storage.

Dan Mitchell
==========

On Dec 28, 2020, at 4:29 PM, Bill Parks via groups.io <BPARKS_43@...> wrote:

I've seen one or to of the helium cars in completed state, and when done properly, they are a great looking car - not sure I would want to take on that challenge though.

As far as the NYC/Conrail hopper, I'm speechless, and would be interested to hear the opinions of some NYC experts.

--
Bill Parks
Cumming, GA
Modelling the Seaboard Airline in Central Florida

Steve SANDIFER

Ah, the Lionel 3 tube model. Can you imagine unloading helium this way?

J. Stephen Sandifer