UP Destination Codes

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Coincidental to Chuck's info, the UP Frt Car Conductors Book that I have lists destinations by a number...such as 0, 2, 4, 5....Watching a March of Times special filmed during the very early 50s...several 4-12-2's make appearances....produced by Mark I Video, I noted that a UP film states that cards were made out for destinations. 4 was for LA, 5 for Ogden. Unfortunately, they didn't list any more. At Omaha, Council Bluffs, or North Platte, cars were sorted with single tracks being associated with these card number designations.

Mike Brock