Topics

UP Freight Car Painting & Lettering 1920-1980

Dick Harley

For those those not aware, the clinic I gave at RPM Chicagoland this year is up on my SmugMug site:
https://harley-trains.smugmug.com/UP-PLN-FRT

To browse other parts of that site, the top level is:
https://harley-trains.smugmug.com/

Cheers,
Dick Harley
Laguna Beach,  CA

Tom Reid

Thank you very much Dick.  I have been trying to model the UP freight cars going back to the 1890s but google always fails me.  Do you have and web sites that would help me?  That would be wonderful!

Tom Reid
Gilbert, AZ

Dick Harley

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 10:05 AM, Tom Reid wrote:
I have been trying to model the UP freight cars going back to the 1890s but google always fails me.
Tom,

I have no drawings before 1905, and I have little interest before 1940.  So I am of no help.

There have been some articles in The Streamliner about early freight cars, but still Harriman era.
See the index at :
http://uphs.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/index-29_4.pdf

Sorry,
Dick Harley