Updated 1944 USRA single sheathed cars

John Barry

Update: Thanks to Jim Gates eagle eyes, I removed the PRR 83589 X25 series I misread as X26 and updated the totals in the text and table.  The updated info is in the Blog at the location below.  22201 SS USRA cars in Oct 44 with 9765 PRR X26s.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 02:03:28 PM EDT, John Barry <northbaylines@...> wrote:

With the pending release of the Rapido SS USRA car, I did a little homework with my October 1944 ORER.  I posted a list of the 2305 cars listed there in the following blog post:  The Rapido Single Sheathed USRA Box Car

Happy Modeling

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

Eric Hansmann

These later tabulations of the USRA single-sheathed boxcars are great resources. As a starting point, the original USRA car assignment details are available on this resource page.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 06/15/2021 7:06 PM John Barry <northbaylines@...> wrote:

Update: Thanks to Jim Gates eagle eyes, I removed the PRR 83589 X25 series I misread as X26 and updated the totals in the text and table.  The updated info is in the Blog at the location below.  22201 SS USRA cars in Oct 44 with 9765 PRR X26s.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

Jim Gates

This list shows 9760 assigned to the Pennsylvania. Other sources say 9900. The ORER for October 1944 apparently shows more than the 9760 still running. Where were the other 140?

Jim Gates

On Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 08:28:01 AM CDT, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

These later tabulations of the USRA single-sheathed boxcars are great resources. As a starting point, the original USRA car assignment details are available on this resource page.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 06/15/2021 7:06 PM John Barry <northbaylines@...> wrote:

Update: Thanks to Jim Gates eagle eyes, I removed the PRR 83589 X25 series I misread as X26 and updated the totals in the text and table.  The updated info is in the Blog at the location below.  22201 SS USRA cars in Oct 44 with 9765 PRR X26s.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

Eric Hansmann

Jim,

The details came directly from James Lane's original work in the Railway and Locomotive Historical Society’s “Railroad History, No. 128” published Spring 1973. This has been considered as a primary source for many years on this discussion list and predecessor lists.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 06/16/2021 7:46 AM Jim Gates via groups.io <jim.gates@...> wrote:

This list shows 9760 assigned to the Pennsylvania. Other sources say 9900. The ORER for October 1944 apparently shows more than the 9760 still running. Where were the other 140?

Jim Gates
On Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 08:28:01 AM CDT, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

These later tabulations of the USRA single-sheathed boxcars are great resources. As a starting point, the original USRA car assignment details are available on this resource page.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

frograbbit602

Randy Thanks for sharing your color matching swatches and formulas. Color matching at times easy and other times takes a while to get the color right; however, it will/can happen.
Lester Breuer