From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 1:00 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [URL Verdict: Neutral][Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Iron Modeler competition - Judging

At my first NMRA national convention when putting up a model for judging, I overheard one of the judges remark to his fellows: "Who the H--- is that, bringing in a G-- d--- camelback?
I knew right then my 80% scratch built O scale brass 0-6-0 camelback was doomed from the start.
It was the only camelback model entered.
It garnered a lowly 79.6 points with, one judge keeping his marks very low on it.

While technically against the rules of not showing a model in a judged contest more than once, in a regional level NMRA contest with that same mode, it scored 119.5 points.
I've never attended another NMRA National since then, even though I did eventually get an MMR.

In keeping with this being a steam era freight car group, this is  one of my scratch-built models that was "Best of Show" at an NMRA Regional event in 1997.

Ed Bommer