From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of brianleppert@...
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 4:06 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [URL Verdict: Neutral][Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Latest project from the Southern Piedmont shops DT&I USRA rebuild with Climax radial roof No 11799

James Kinkaid wrote about the rebuilt DT&I rebuilt USRA cars with plug doors in the December 1990 issue of Mainline Modeler.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV

Mike Clements

I thinkt the DT&I cars were rebuilt as insulated boxcars for Campbell's Soup out of Napoleon, OH. Some were sold to the GB&W for dried blood service.
--
Mike Clements
Wakefield, MA

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Thanks for that info, Mike.

That is another use I heard for the rebuilds.  Similar usage to the PRR’s “Campbell Soup” cars in class X54.

Thanks!

Elden Gatwood