[URL Verdict: Neutral][Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] F & C #6991 Pennsylvania Railroad TM8

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Definitely grey with the black lettering.  They were grey by mid-forties, but some remained in red in 1956.  See attached.

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ralph W. Brown
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2022 4:31 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [URL Verdict: Neutral][Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] F & C #6991 Pennsylvania Railroad TM8

Hi Sean,

The later PRR scheme for these cars was gray with black lettering.  The earlier scheme was FCC (red) with white lettering, but I don’t recall the timeframe for the change.

The PRRPro group on Groups.io (See: https://groups.io/g/PRRPro) did the PRR’s TM8 tank cars as Project No. 14 in 2008.  Messages started in April of that year with Message No. 4209.

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966