Topics

Vague question about a gondola

Clark Propst

A friend bought an undecorated Tangent gondola kit. He would like to paint for something other than what Tangent has done. Anyone know of any? I should say any there was decals available for?

CW Propst

David

I assume this is the Bethlehem mill gon? I expect there are a number of B&O paint schemes they haven't done yet.

David Thompson

Jeff

The question at this point would be:

"Is the model a Bethlehem 70-ton riveted drop-end gondola, a PRR/PC Shops G43 Series gondola, or an ACF 70-ton welded drop-end gondola? "

All of them have been released by Tangent as undec kits.

--
Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com

Jeff

I should correct myself - the G43 is too new for this list.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 3:00 PM Jeff via Groups.Io <jeffshultz=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
The question at this point would be:

"Is the model a Bethlehem 70-ton riveted drop-end gondola, a PRR/PC Shops G43 Series gondola, or an ACF 70-ton welded drop-end gondola? "

All of them have been released by Tangent as undec kits.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 11:25 AM Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:
A friend bought an undecorated Tangent gondola kit. He would like to paint for something other than what Tangent has done. Anyone know of any? I should say any there was decals available for?

CW Propst

--
Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com

Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com

Which gondola kit? Tangent have done 3 different ones...

Colin ‘t Hart
Frösön, Sweden

Rick Jesionowski

I did two of them, one in CNJ and the other in a LV paint scheme they have never done.

Rick Jesionowski

Clark Propst

Thanks for the advise guys, much appreciated. When I past the info on to my friend he added he was only interested in the five local roads - CGW, CNW, M&StL, MILW, RI So, guess he's SOL.
CW Propst.

Rick Jesionowski

Clark,

I checked my C&NW Color Guide and in the 1970’s they picked up both the Betlehem (from C&EI and PC) and the ACF car from the PC.

Rick Jesionowski

Clark Propst

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 07:12 PM, Rick Jesionowski wrote:
I checked my C&NW Color Guide and in the 1970’s they picked up both the Betlehem (from C&EI and PC) and the ACF car from the PC.

Rick Jesionowski
Thanks Rick, I lent him my book. He's going to do the car as received from PC.
CW Propst