Topics

view of the LIRR/PRR yard at Sunnyside, NY

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

In the image linked below, we get a nice view of the LIRR/PRR yard at Sunnyside, NY. I could wish for it to be a bit sharper in terms of focus, but still an nice view. While web site claims this to be 1900/1905, it is clearly much later, likely during the 1930s in my estimate.

Lots of things to see - LV twin hoppers, Armour Refrigerator lines reefer, CG ventilated boxcar, just for starters!

A detailed view is available at the link below...

Image metadata can be found at the link below...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Ted Schnepf

Hello,

The image has to be 1940 or later, as there is a Milw Rd ribside double door XA hiding in the back.

Ted Schnepf
126 Will Scarlet,
Elgin, Ill. 60120

847=697-5353

On Monday, November 11, 2019, 10:16:32 AM CST, Claus Schlund \(HGM\) <claus@...> wrote:

Hi List Members,

In the image linked below, we get a nice view of the LIRR/PRR yard at Sunnyside, NY. I could wish for it to be a bit sharper in terms of focus, but still an nice view. While web site claims this to be 1900/1905, it is clearly much later, likely during the 1930s in my estimate.

Lots of things to see - LV twin hoppers, Armour Refrigerator lines reefer, CG ventilated boxcar, just for starters!

A detailed view is available at the link below...

Image metadata can be found at the link below...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

O Fenton Wells

Also saw a Southern 1937 ARA car and a C of G vent car.  For you y'all road gents.
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Ted,

Good set of eyes you have! I had not noticed that.

Claus Schlund

[...]

Andy Miller

And a LV  “wrong way” box car just to the right of the two hoppers!

Andy Miller