Virginian BX10 boxcar

Paul Doggett

Hi Guys

I have just finished a Funaro and Camerlengo Virginian BX10 boxcar I used National scale car (old Speedwitch) decals, it’s an interesting car with its plate steel ends. The paint is a mix of Badger dark and light Tuscan, weathering was done with Railmatch weathering paints mixed with Railmatch matt varnish. Another interesting point is it’s internal height which is only 8’0” which can be seen when next to more modern cars.

Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

O Fenton Wells

Nicely done Paul. Looking good
Fenton 

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 12:03 PM Paul Doggett via groups.io <paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Guys

I have just finished a Funaro and Camerlengo Virginian BX10 boxcar I used National scale car (old Speedwitch) decals, it’s an interesting car with its plate steel ends. The paint is a mix of Badger dark and light Tuscan, weathering was done with Railmatch weathering paints mixed with Railmatch matt varnish. Another interesting point is it’s internal height which is only 8’0” which can be seen when next to more modern cars.

Paul Doggett.      England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Paul Doggett

Fenton 

Thank you .

Paul Doggett 

On 1 Jul 2022, at 17:58, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Nicely done Paul. Looking good
Fenton 

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 12:03 PM Paul Doggett via groups.io <paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Guys

Paul Doggett.      England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Charlie Duckworth

Paul
Nicely done; those NSC decals make s huge difference to the F&C ones.  
--
Charlie Duckworth 
Omaha, Ne.

Chuck Cover

Paul,

Can you comment on the doors, interesting look.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Paul Doggett

Charlie 

Thank you it was you that inspired me.

Paul Doggett 

On 1 Jul 2022, at 18:08, Charlie Duckworth via groups.io <Worth51@...> wrote:

Paul
Nicely done; those NSC decals make s huge difference to the F&C ones.  
--
Charlie Duckworth 
Omaha, Ne.

Paul Doggett

Chuck 

There were two sets of doors in the kit one set plated one set unplanted the photo supplied with the kit shows shows the car with a plated door. I hope this is of use to you.

Paul Doggett.

image0.jpeg

On 1 Jul 2022, at 18:10, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Paul,

Can you comment on the doors, interesting look.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Tony Thompson

Nice model, Paul!

Tony Thompson
tony@...

Paul Doggett

Tony

Thank you.

Paul Doggett

On 1 Jul 2022, at 18:50, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

Nice model, Paul!

Tony Thompson
tony@...

al_brown03

Nice car!

AL B.

Paul Doggett

Al 

Thank you 

Paul Doggett 

On 1 Jul 2022, at 19:27, al_brown03 <abrown@...> wrote:

Nice car!

AL B.

Gary McMills

Nice work Paul.

I really like the subtle weathering effects you did and the decal work is great.

Gary McMills

Vicksburg Miss.

On 2022-07-01 11:02, Paul Doggett via groups.io wrote:

Hi Guys

Paul Doggett.      England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Paul Doggett

Gary 

Thank you.

Paul Doggett 

On 1 Jul 2022, at 22:29, Gary McMills <santafe@...> wrote:

Nice work Paul.

I really like the subtle weathering effects you did and the decal work is great.

Gary McMills

Vicksburg Miss.

On 2022-07-01 11:02, Paul Doggett via groups.io wrote:

Hi Guys

Paul Doggett.      England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿