Virginian BX10 boxcar

Paul Doggett

Hi Guys

I have just finished a Funaro and Camerlengo Virginian BX10 boxcar I used National scale car (old Speedwitch) decals, it’s an interesting car with its plate steel ends. The paint is a mix of Badger dark and light Tuscan, weathering was done with Railmatch weathering paints mixed with Railmatch matt varnish. Another interesting point is it’s internal height which is only 8’0” which can be seen when next to more modern cars.

Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

O Fenton Wells

Nicely done Paul. Looking good
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Paul Doggett

Fenton

Thank you .

Paul Doggett

On 1 Jul 2022, at 17:58, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

[...]

Charlie Duckworth

Paul
Nicely done; those NSC decals make s huge difference to the F&C ones.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Chuck Cover

Paul,

Can you comment on the doors, interesting look.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Paul Doggett

Charlie

Thank you it was you that inspired me.

Paul Doggett

On 1 Jul 2022, at 18:08, Charlie Duckworth via groups.io <Worth51@...> wrote:

Paul
Nicely done; those NSC decals make s huge difference to the F&C ones.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Paul Doggett

Chuck

There were two sets of doors in the kit one set plated one set unplanted the photo supplied with the kit shows shows the car with a plated door. I hope this is of use to you.

Paul Doggett.

image0.jpeg

On 1 Jul 2022, at 18:10, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Paul,

Can you comment on the doors, interesting look.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Tony Thompson

Nice model, Paul!

Tony Thompson
tony@...

Paul Doggett

Tony

Thank you.

Paul Doggett

On 1 Jul 2022, at 18:50, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

Nice model, Paul!

Tony Thompson
tony@...

al_brown03

Nice car!

AL B.

Paul Doggett

Al

Thank you

Paul Doggett

On 1 Jul 2022, at 19:27, al_brown03 <abrown@...> wrote:

Nice car!

AL B.

Gary McMills

Nice work Paul.

I really like the subtle weathering effects you did and the decal work is great.

Gary McMills

Vicksburg Miss.

On 2022-07-01 11:02, Paul Doggett via groups.io wrote:

Hi Guys

I have just finished a Funaro and Camerlengo Virginian BX10 boxcar I used National scale car (old Speedwitch) decals, it’s an interesting car with its plate steel ends. The paint is a mix of Badger dark and light Tuscan, weathering was done with Railmatch weathering paints mixed with Railmatch matt varnish. Another interesting point is it’s internal height which is only 8’0” which can be seen when next to more modern cars.

Paul Doggett.      England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Paul Doggett

Gary

Thank you.