Topics

Wa;lthers Mainline NW-2 Phase 5 Announcement

Nelson Moyer

I just heard that Walthers is coming out with yet another NW-2 phase 5, when BLI has already issued them, and nobody but Kato has issued NW-2 Phase 1, and those aren’t DCC/sound or readily available anymore. If anyone has any commercial clout with Walters, please implore them to issue NW-2 phases that haven’t already been released, especially Phase 1 to replace the Kato model. I’m running BLI phase 5’s only until phase 1’s become available, the sooner the better. The CB&Q had 45 NW-2’s, and exactly one was Phase 5.

Nelson Moyer

mopacfirst

Maybe we can combine those with the PA-3 (PA-2?) that's never been made by Walthers or anyone else in plastic.

Ron Merrick

Nelson Moyer

If we’re adding never been done before models, how about the EMD E-5 in HO. Yes, I know only CB&Q bought it, but it’s such a classic that surely somebody besides Q modelers would buy it.

Nelson Moyer

Maybe we can combine those with the PA-3 (PA-2?) that's never been made by Walthers or anyone else in plastic.

Ron Merrick

Charlie Vlk

All-

The NW-2 Ph 5 is not a never done before model.   The Broadway Limited NW-2 is a Phase 5.  Also, BLI tooled the larger radiator making it a  SW-7 Ph I and with the tooled small front window cab a SW-7 Ph II.

Charlie Vlk

Von: "Nelson Moyer" <npmoyer@...>
An: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

OOOPS – I forgot this was a freight car group. But diesels are very important, because freight cars wouldn’t get very far without diesels ; )

Nelson Moyer

Ahem, I bet you meant to send your message to some sort of Diesel Discussion Group didn't you Nelson?

Bill Welch

Charles Peck

Most of mine would not recognize anything with infernal combustion.  This
IS the STEAM ERA group.
Chuck Peck

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 6:13 PM Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

OOOPS – I forgot this was a freight car group. But diesels are very important, because freight cars wouldn’t get very far without diesels ; )

Nelson Moyer

Ahem, I bet you meant to send your message to some sort of Diesel Discussion Group didn't you Nelson?

Bill Welch

Nelson Moyer

Wasn’t there a transition period?

Nelson Moyer

Ahem, I bet you meant to send your message to some sort of Diesel Discussion Group didn't you Nelson?

Bill Welch

Garth Groff

Friends,

More to the point, this is a FREIGHT CAR group, not a locomotive group. I'm surprised our fearless lawman leader hasn't shut hasn't been jangling his keys.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 8/12/19 6:28 PM, Charles Peck wrote:
Most of mine would not recognize anything with infernal combustion.  This
IS the STEAM ERA group.
Chuck Peck

D. Scott Chatfield

Calling the BLI hermaphrodite a proper NW2 is not to be done in polite company.  I am sure the Walthers model will be a great improvement.  And hopefully the beginning of a line of several phases of NW2s, all of which moved > freightcars < throughout their long careers.

Scott Chatfield